A lot of people think that I write books all day (actually most of you know by now that at the moment I’m NOT writing books all day given that I haven’t published a novel since 2017!) – what many don’t know is that I have owned my own media and marketing company for more than 20 years, mp|media solutions.
Here are some tips on working from home inspired by conversations with many of my clients who have shifted into their home offices and I’ve been helping them adjust to this ‘new normal abnormal’.
I’ve been working from home for 20 years, always with children underfoot, at my elbow, on my lap or calling out from the next room. Here are a few things I do to make it work:
- Make the bed
- Get dressed and brush your hair
- Don’t forget to eat lunch, try and keep it healthy. Also work out in the morning what you’re having for dinner that night
- Try and exercise every day
- Take regular breaks and go outside when you can
- Set your work hours. I’m better in the mornings so I start really early, I might take a couple of hours during the day for a walk or bike ride, and even when I am super busy I try and finish at 5 because I’m not producing valuable work after that time!
Okay, this is what it would be like in an ideal world, it doesn’t always turn out like this, but each new day is a fresh start.